Friday, January 30, 2009

Facts About Online Businesses

When I first started exploring the online business arena, I did not have the slightest idea what to look for. I had absolutely no idea as to how anybody could make money with an online business, nor I had a clue as to how a business could come to life and make you money without an office, employees, inventory and all of those things one usually associates with an enterprise.

All I knew for sure is that there were people out there making money out of websites and blogs, and some of them were cashing in big time with only a computer and a cell phone as their weapons. As anybody else would have done, I started looking for information in the search engines and of course, as you can imagine, I found basically millions of results. At this point I did not even know what a text link was, so I really could not tell the difference between a promotional site and what I call an informative site. Therefore, I was being bombarded with information that in most cases pursued only a sale instead of helping me find and actual online business opportunity.

So, instead of going ahead and paying for any of the so called business opportunities, I decided to start taking advantage of some free stuff that I stumbled upon from time to time, like e-books and other resources that allowed me to begin understanding what online businesses were all about. These freebies helped me open my eyes to a whole world I had been missing. I quickly realized that there were basically two types of online business:

1) Affiliate or online marketing

2) Online retail

This does not mean that there are not other ways of making money online, but it does mean that for a newbie these are the two most intuitive ways of starting a realistic online entrepreneur effort.

Well, after getting a general idea of what online businesses were all about, and understanding a little bit about what it takes make money with an online business, I decided to take the next step got myself one of the so called money making systems.

I tried over 10 online business systems or programs and frankly only a few of them were actually helpful to me. Truth is I spent almost a year crashing my head onto the wall with no significant results, even though I have to say that year came as an important and necessary learning period that got me to where I am today in the online business arena.

You see, the thing is that many many of the so called money making systems are truly a waste of time and money, because once you get your hands on them you realize there is nothing really fancy or new about them, and often they only want you to spend more money in "tools" that will supposedly help you achieve the results they promise.

So trial and error has been definitely a part of that learning experience, which of course has not come without a cost because I have spent probably over $1,000 looking for something that could put me on track and lead me to online success.

In the end, after being a bit more aware of what to look for, my latest choices were really wise decisions, because as it turns out, I managed to put my hands on systems that finally helped me fill in the holes in my strategies. However, it is important to note that I had to do some hard work at the beginning, because when you start this journey you are actually studying and working to build an online business.

As a general rule, the programs that genuinely seek to help you are the ones which do not present you with magic formulas, but instead hand you a set of tools, resources and material for you to study and learn. Of course, I understand that for some people this might be a little disappointing, because everybody is dreaming about making money online with absolutely no effort, but sadly, that is not possible.

The good news is that once you have done the hard work (study, study, learn, and then execute) you will then start seeing some magic, because once you get to understand the dynamics of internet marketing you will realize that making money without a lot of work is actually possible, but only after you have put your back into it for some time.

If you apply the right strategies and build a suitable business structure you will have to work (make no mistake about it), but it will be like building a hotel, once it is finished and you set up all your business structure, it will keep making money for you provided that you -or someone you hired- are supervising the whole operation.

Fact: You can make money with an online business, but you must be willing to put your back into it in order to learn and build it, and you must make some wise decisions when it comes to choosing your tools and resources.

Fiction: You will become rich overnight or within a week (big no).

By Alex Cadens



You can find useful information about business oriented tools and resources at this site: http://www.specialonlinebusinessreviewauthority.com

Also, I invite you to visit my website at: TheWorkAtHomEntrepreneur.com, where you will also find a lot of important information to help you build a business you can manage entirely from home.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alex_Cadens

0 comments: