Friday, June 13, 2008

Internet Marketing Tips - Don't Insult Your Prospect's Intelligence

What you're about to read is a true story. You can't make stuff like this up. After reading it, I don't know what your take on it is going to be but in my mind, this is just insulting your prospect's intelligence. Some might not see it that way, and that's fine. But to me, if you want to be taken seriously as a marketer, this is not the way to do it. I'm not going to mention any names in this article, but when you read it, you will probably figure out the site I am talking about.

I belong to a solo ads club where we get credit for viewing other members' solo ads. Anyway, this morning, just before I am actually writing this, I got to this one solo ad that had the subject line, "Grab A Cash Pig". At first I thought to myself, "Are you kidding?" Certainly this was a joke. Well, I always read all my solo ads because I want to get my credits so that I can send my own solo ads. Anyway, I clicked on the link and the first thing I am greeted to on the page is a photo of a pig holding what looks like a bag of money.

Now, the graphic alone wouldn't have made me think the site was so bad, even though it was a start. But then I took a look at the rest of the site and it looked like a third grader put it together. No offense to third graders. I sat there for a moment and tried to figure out what this person was thinking when he put this site together. I mean, does he really think that people have so little intelligence that they'll sign up for this thing? Is that what this world has come to?

Now I know that some of you might be thinking that something like this is cute and not such a big deal. However, we're talking about making money online. This isn't a game and it's not an amusement park. If I'm going to get myself involved in a biz op, which mind you I don't believe in anyway, I'm at least going to sign up with something that at the very least looks legit. This was the most horrible looking site I have ever seen. What person with any intelligence would go for it?

If you're going to put together a biz up for people to get involved in, please put together something that at least looks professional. And if you're thinking of joining one of these, please at least join one that doesn't look like something out of a Mickey Mouse cartoon.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim

Tired of busting your behind for peanuts online? Go to my web site and find out how I earn a monthly income that exceeds 5 figures and how I can help YOU do the same. Get your free report at http://www.mysecretarticles.com/report.html

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steven_Wagenheim

0 comments: